Friday, May 27, 2011

Dee's big adventure in Wine County!

Okay ladies and gentlemen! Please fasten your seatbelts, make sure your tray tables are secured and that your seats are in the upright and locked position, because we are about to take off for what I hope will be a great adventure into the very heart of US wine country, Napa and Sonoma.





I am posting this from my hotel room. I have included some shots of my room and the hotel, the Double Tree Hotel and Spa.Yes, I said spa. Messages, wraps, etc . . . I cannot wait to check out the services. This hotel also has an excellent restaurant from what I hear, I will have to check that out! And if you want to come stay in Napa and near Sonoma and not pay through the nose, I highly recommend this hotel. It's been recently remodeled so everything is just pristine.  Oh, one thing about the hotel restaurant - I did go to the bar to have a drink while my bottles of bubbles were chilling and the wine list is just massively impressive. Cannot wait to check that out!

And as I am posting this, I am having a WONDERFUL glass of Mumm Napa brut rose and a FABULOUS rainbow roll that I got at the grocery store. The Safeway here is the equivalent to Fresh Market in Memphis, but better because it's the size of a normal grocery store, but it has all the high end items you can only get at Fresh Market in Memphis. I also purchased some bakery made brownies and bread, and four cheeses. And I got a seaweed salad to complement the sushi! Both are just heaven. the rainbow roll has tuna and salmon with avacado, cucumber and a spicy sauce. The seaweed salad is nutty and sweet and delicate.

And they pair perfectly with the brut rose!! Score!

And speaking of scores - I bought some Espesso Bellavitano Cheese. Yes, it's really cheese. Here' what the package says "As a s delicious treat for your breakfast or dessert, we hand rub freshly roasted espresso into sweet, sugary Bella Vitano wheels aged to creamy perfection. Wake up and smell the Bella."

It is indeed the best of both cheese and coffee worlds. Creamy, velvety cheese with a nice bitter espresso chocolatiness. I can see that this would indeed make a great breakfast cheese. Or a wonderful dessert cheese as I am experiencing it now. It's divine. Perfectly balanced.

Well, as my body cannot decide which time zone it wants to be on, I think I will have to continue this tomorrow.

Until then - Cheers!

Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment