If any of you are are not on the email list for Great Wines and Spirits here in Memphis, I highly recommend that you do so and quickly!!
Great Wines has some awesome tastings, wine dinners and special offers, but from time to time you'll run across a truly remarkable thing . . . Four of the most wonderful words "Distributor Close Out Sale".
Friends, let me tell you that I have had some truly great wines at some even more remarkable prices when I have purchased wines from the close out lists.
But there are few things of which you should be aware:
1. ALWAYS EMAIL YOUR ORDER- it's the best way for them to determine who had first dibbs on something and for you to be sure you've ordered everything you intented
2. EMAIL QUICKLY - These lists are always on a first come, first served basis. If you wish to sit and contemplate the 2007 Chateau de Chassulet versus the 2006 Campo al Mare, then this close out list thing is NOT for you! Type now or forever kick yourself that you didn't get that great wine at an extraordinary price.
3. TAKE A CHANCE - If you have always wanted to try a certain grape type, a certain vinter, or wine from a certain region, then a close out sale can be a good way to make the daring leap without blowing your wine budget. I did this with a few Italian whites I've always wanted to try. One I really liked and the other was so-so, but at least I found this out without breaking the bank (or credit union).
So there you have it folks!
If you want to get on the email list, go to http://www.greatwinesmemphis.com/ and click on the "join now" button on the left side of the home page.
Until then,
Cheers!
Dee
No comments:
Post a Comment