Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Buenos Di!as from Espana

Buenos Dias!

Como se va?  nosotros muy bien! (at least I think I got that right!)

Anyway, we took off from Atlanta around 9 p.m central and landed in Paris around 11:30 AM their time (Central European Time Zone I think). We are seven hours ahead and it's almost 7 pm here, time for dinner shortly.

We met several of the folks who are on this tour with us, one being Dave Brown (yes, the former meteorologist from Channel 5) and his wife Margaret. They are fantastic folks! I had baby sat for them a time or two when they lived a few streets over from my sister Brenda and her husband at the time Denny. There are other local folks here too so it's been wonderful to meet everyone and here their travel tales. 

The flights were smooth and uneventful (which is a good thing IMHO) and made our way to Puente Romano Resort. It's more like a Andolucian village than any resort or hotel that I have visited. We have a suite whose balcony overlooks two of the pools.

We are literally nestled between the mountains and the ocean. Pictures to follow and I hope to get even more when we are out and about tomorrow.

We were greeted in reception with your choice of Mimosas or red sangria. Now my sangria is good but this is even better than mine I think And do it right by adding brandy and triple sec. It was a nice way to introduce us to Marbella hospitality.

And the min-bar in the room carries half bottles of Moet & Chandon champagne! (And no, I didn't ask them stock it for me -LOL!)

I know we will find some good wines during our tours. We have dinner coming up shortly but I will post the pics I took today. They won't do this place justice! More to follow!

Tengo un bien dia!

Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment